Match report: Enfield Town v Met Police

Enfield Town 1-0 Met Police

Saturday 31 January 2015
Ryman League Premier Division

enfield v met 31115
met police with a perfectly executed he-fell-down-the-stairs shirt pull

by Ciaran Glennon

Town started brightly enough in the bitterly cold conditions but were unable to capitalise on the pressure the generated. Tyler Campbell had a good chance early on, but couldn’t get his shot away. Shortly after he was played into the box but fired wide of Stuart Searle’s post. Bobby Devyne stretched the police line at times and was denied Searle on the edge of the box. But gradually Police fought their way into the game and began to out muscle Town.

The Town defence was nearly caught out when a free kick into the back came off Steve Sutherland’s back and spin over the bar. Ryan James then tested Nathan McDonald with a half shot but the Town keeper was alert to the danger. Bradley Hudson-Odoi kept pressing at the Town defence and several times got into the box, but failed to make the final pass. On another day Joe Stevens could have had a penalty when he went over in the box.

A late rally saw Town finish the half well. Campbell made a good run into the box but was stopped by a last ditch tackle. But either side could have gone in ahead at the break. A though ball narrowly evaded Sutherland, and Town’s Stan Muguo had to clear twice under pressure.

Town came out for the restart fired up and came close to breaking the deadlock from a goal mouth scramble. Then a good ball out to Campbell on the right saw his blocked shot fall to Nathan Livings, but he got too much on the ball firing it over. Rob Bartley went down in the box easily with no sympathy from the referee. Nathan McDonald thwarted the Met forwards with a full stretch save but was fortunate to see the loose ball fired wide of his goal.

With the clock running down, Nathan Livings fired a free kick to the far post. The Met Police defence failed to clear and could only watch as the ball fell to Darnell Wynter in the box. His perfectly timed strike on the volley flew into the net finally breaking the deadlock. Tyler Campbell nearly added a second after a lung bursting run, but ran into trouble on the edge of the box. In the end Town settled for just the one goal with Met Police given no time for a reply.

Att: 338



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s