Match report: Bury Town v Dulwich Hamlet

Bury Town 1-3 Dulwich Hamlet

Saturday 14 February 2015
Ryman League Premier Division

With boss Gavin Rose making a number of changes from last week’s defeat, it took Dulwich quite a time to really get going.

Deploying an unfamiliar system with a back three of Kamara, Forbes & Pinnock and with Kevin James showing his versatility playing a holding role. Carew and Dixon were on the bench along with a welcome return for Dean McDonald.

Harry Ottaway almost played in Luke Wanadio in the 7th minute but it was Bury who came close in the 13th minute. Slack passing from both Michael Kamara and Ethan Pinnock led to a cross that Connor Hall headed gently into the arms of Phil Wilson.

A clever corner routine saw The Hamlet go close in the 18th minute as Terrell Forbes stepped over the ball and Harry Ottaway fired just over the bar.

Bury then had the ball in the net in the 20th minute but it was disallowed for a foul on Michael Kamara. Harry Ottaway shot over following a raking cross field pass by Ethan Pinnock and a cross by Luke Wanadio before there was a long stoppage whilst a replacement for the injured Assistant Referee was found.

The game meandered towards half time with little likelihood of a goal before, three minutes before the half time whistle, Dulwich took the lead.

Michael Kamara floated a free kick into the box, Harry Ottaway cushioned a header to Serge Makofo and he thumped a left foot shot across Archer in the home goal.

Half Time 0-1

Dulwich started the second half brightly and Serge Makofo miaaed a glorioua chance bwfore they had a goal chalked off rather harshly for a foul on Archer. Almost immediately, Bury equalised in the 52nd minute.

A flick on found Remi Garrett and he finished well giving Phil Wilson no chance.

Bury now sensed that they could get some vital points and pushed forward with regularity. However, they were unable to apply consistent pressure on Phil Wilson’s goal and he was never unduly troubled. Whilst at the other end Dulwich were equally unable to get around the home defence.

In the 75th minute, Makofo fired a glorious chance high after Wanadio’s cross found him free 6 yards out. However, a minute later the home side gifted Dulwich the lead. A harmless ball forward was intercepted by central defender Milton Elwnge who turned and passed back to Archer. However, Archer had also advanced to collect the through ball and the pass sent him scurrying back towards his own goal. He was clear favourite to reach it first but was beaten by Harry Ottaway who scrambled it home.

Nine minutes later Dulwich made the points safe. Dean McDonald did well on the left and crossed. It reached Luke Wanadio who volleyed it across the box where, 12 yards out, Ethan Pinnock trapped the ball facing away from goal, swivelled and planted a left foot cross into Archer’s right hand bottom corner.

Bury pushed forward again and almost pulled a goal back as a corner was headed goalwards but Frazer Shaw was alert on the far post and headed off the line.

Final Score 1-3
Att: 342



Photo courtesy:
David R at BrixtonBuzz

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s