Brentford fans accept banning orders instead of criminal convictions

Two Brentford football fans have been banned from attending football matches for the next three years following their involvement in violent disorder in Watford in September last year.
brentford fans

The pair were due to stand trial for affray at Luton Crown Court on Monday 12 October, but the prosecution agreed to offer no evidence if the pair accepted the banning orders.

Both men, aged 18, were arrested after fans clashed in Watford town centre hours after Brentford lost 2-1 to their Championship rivals on September 30 last year, the court heard. During the brawl chairs were thrown, said prosecutor, Daniel Siong.

Judge Stuart Bridge said: “I am satisfied on their admissions there are reasonable grounds for the banning orders with the hope of preventing violence or disorder at football matches.”

The two men left the court with no conviction on their record but were told they risked prison if they broke the ban, which includes England home games.

A third man from Hounslow pleaded guilty to the charge of affray. He was released on bail and will be sentenced following the trial of a Watford fan, charged with the same offence, which may not be held until next year.

.

.

 

Read more here: http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/13842358.Football_fans_banned_from_games_after_violence_in_Watford/

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s