Match report: Erith Town v Fisher FC

Erith Town 0-2 Fisher FC

Saturday 16 January 2016
Southern Counties East League

Fisher fc

by Ianm94

Fisher made it three wins from three games (a record not achieved since April 2010) with a 2-0 win away at Erith Town on Saturday (January 16th).

The game started tamely enough, with both sides creating a couple of half chances in the early exchanges, and it was the Fish who opened the scoring in the 16th minute. A well taken corner saw Frazer Bent get the better of Dockers’ goalkeeper Joe Hagan with a faint glancing touch.

Just a minute later the game descended in to absolute chaos after a heavy challenge saw tempers boil over. After a delay of around 15 minutes, the referee was finally able to restart the game, with Joe Jackson leaving the pitch along with three of the hosts’ players, after they all received straight red cards.

With the game now at 8 vs 10 the play became a little flat as Erith struggled to retain possession and the Fish struggling to step out of a comfortable first gear. There were flashes of inspiration however, with Harry Bugden coming close to doubling the Fish lead before the break. A well struck log range effort beat Hagan before cannoning off the cross bar.

Early in the second half, Shelton Gooden was forced of the field with an injury. He was replaced by Emiliano Hysi who was unable to add to his goal tally despite a number of promising moves.

The scores remained at 1-0 until the 63rd minute when Bugden got the goal his performance deserved. A great ball out to the left back saw him able to waltz down the wing, cut inside and fire home a powerful low drive to make it 2-0.

The Fish maintained a professional approach despite the two man and two goal advantage and despite a few promising moves from the Dockers, a well rounded defensive display ensured Joel Hannington only had one save to make in the second half. At the other end, Hagan was kept busy and pulled off a number of good saves to keep the score line respectable in a performance which should easily have seen him pick up his sides man of the match award.

Danny Mckone and Frazer Bent and Gassimu Jalloh (who had been booked) was subbed for Jack Martin as the Fish looked to freshen up late on. Ultimately though, the two goal cushion was enough to maintain the unbeaten start to 2016.

Attn: 35


Read more here:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s