Forest Fans geared up for a weekend of protest against the club’s owner

Forest fans will be joined by Villa fans on Saturday 4 Feb in a mass protest against current owners

anti-fawaz-protest

Nottingham Forest fans are set to march on the City Ground as they again call for Fawaz Al Hasawi to sell his 100 percent stake in the club.

More than 1,000 supporters were joined by former player Stan Collymore as they protested against the Reds’ owner and chairman before last weekend’s 1-0 against Bristol City.

Since then Al Hasawi has promised action, but for many it is too late and as such more demonstrations are planned for the next two home games.

Those include what has been dubbed a “solidarity march” before the televised visit of Aston Villa on February 4.

Fans, including Villa supporters, are being asked to meet at Bolero Square, next to the Motorpoint Arena, at 4pm before walking down London Road to the City Ground.

A second protest, similar to the one before the Bristol City game, is then planned to take place in the Peter Taylor Stand car park at 4.45pm before kick-off at 5.30pm.

During the match, supporters are being urged to turn their backs on the game in the 18th and 65th minutes for one minute each, in reference to 1865, the year the club was formed.

Posters will again be handed out outside the ground and organisers are calling on the home crowd to display them in front of the Sky Sports cameras.

And supporters who have been involved in organising the protests say they anticipate a big gathering at the weekend.

“There will be a big surprise with the numbers on Saturday. There’s lots more people planning to come,” said Paul Ashley-McHale.

“We’ve got the solidarity march from Bolero Square at 4 o’clock, the Sky cameras are here and we’ve got a few extra things planned throughout the day.

“Saturday will be a very clear and loud message of what we want.”

A protest against Al Hasawi’s reign took place earlier this month, when more than 1,000 fans demonstrated before the home game with Bristol City, including former Reds striker Stan Collymore.

And Ashley-McHale says he hopes the message will get across to the Kuwaiti chairman, who has seen off-field issues dominate the headlines in recent months.

“He’s made his job untenable and we have to let him know what he’s making us feel like, because this is not a toy to us. This is part of our lives.”

Fellow organiser Debs Smith also took part in the last protest and says Al Hasawi’s time at the helm has turned into a catalogue of errors.

“I used to back Fawaz. I’m the sort of person who gives someone a chance and thinks they’re going to learn by their mistakes,” she said.

“With him, it’s been a build-up of things and I got to the point where I thought, ‘hang on, he’s not learning from his mistakes’.

“I was quiet about it, and then it became, ‘right, I’ve got to say something’.

Nottingham Forest v Aston Villa
Saturday 4 February
City Ground
kick-off 3pm

Read more here: http://www.nottinghampost.com/large-turnout-expected-for-nottingham-forest-protest-on-saturday-as-one-fails-to-go-ahead/story-30101065-detail/story.html

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s